Wednesday 15 July 2015

365 Days: Salade Nicoise

I don't like salad nicoise as much as I think I do.  Perhaps this is because the ingredients have to be really good to make it a great experience, perhaps it's because I don't like hard boiled eggs without lots of mayo.  Whatever it is, it is something I think I like, but am frequently disappointed by - there are plenty of things like that in life - and not just food!

The salad nicoise yesterday was ruined (no) by a lack of cucumber, I used a tin of tuna, about 5 anchovies, 2 hardboiled eggs, some left over green beans, lettuce,. tomatoes and spring onions.  I squeezed over a lemon and pour on some olive oil.  If you read Elizabeth David she will wag her finger at you about what should and shouldn't be included - black olives and capers and bottle artichokes are all good additions.  I had some of those too.  My first mother in law always put new potatoes in hers.   Maybe if I could find some really excellent tuna fish that would help...  


What I ate

Salade nicoise - the others had chili and rice; followed by Oreo ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment