Sunday 5 July 2015

365 Days of Food

Because I am so intermittent about this blog, I thought I would start to try and write it in a more disciplined and constructive way.  For my own interest, I thought writing about what we cook and eat every day would be illuminating.  And perhaps a bit boring.   So I will try and illustrate it as well.

Firstly, I don't cook every day; sometimes I am weary and don't find the prospect of the stove a reviving one.  Secondly I am rather constrained by what "they" will eat.  They are male and like meat, one actively hates fish, and there is a limit to the amount of veg I can cook.   Thirdly, often I have cooking jags when I cook a lot of things to get ahead (for example, yesterday I cooked a stew, roast tomato sauce, ratatouille, chicken stock and a chocolate cake, on Thursday I cooked a cheese mousse and some pate sablee and creme patissiere and on Friday I used the pastry and custard to make a French strawberry tart.   It may be that I won't cook at all tomorrow.  As a result, I will post a recipe every day, but it won't necessarily be that day's recipe.

Here we go then -

No comments:

Post a Comment