Sunday 23 August 2015

365 days:Pork and noodle stir fry

Stir fried pork and noodles is a nice idea, but I think I OD'd on the noodles.  On the other hand, an excellent filling dish for the hard up, except that it only uses pork fillet.  It should have used cabbage rather than bean sprouts, but the usual fussypants factors applied.

400g pork fillet cut into strips, fry in 1 tbsp sesame oil and 1 tbsp hoisin sauce until brown (I added the hoisin after this stage).  Add an inch of ginger root, grated and 2 crushed garlic cloves and lots of chopped spring onions.  If adding shreddd cabbage add it now.  Otherwise add a mug of water and some stock, and a tbsp of sherry and two tbsps of light soy sauce.  Cook for a bit until tender, then add a packet of beansprouts.  It will be soupy - but when you add the vast pile of cooked noodles this will be remedied as the noodles will absorb the sauce.

This was OK - the recipe said 175g noodles, but I flung in the whole packet.  I think it would be better with more vegetables (cabbage and bean sprouts and perhaps mushrooms)  I will make it again with fewer noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment