Wednesday 20 July 2011

Yan Kit So

Crazy name, crazy gal!   I have had her book called rather naffly "Party Eats" for years and used it once, but last night, went through it and saw that it did have some really good ideas,which is why I am doing something with chicken on Friday that she suggests.  She is very good on telling you how much you can do in advance.  I have also invested in delightful bamboo cocktail sticks - I'm not sure you'd pay £2 for 50 of them in China somehow.

I wonder whether her idea of a nice steamed mange tout as a palate cleanser between spicier dishes will catch on?  I think I might get funny looks if I passed round a platter of cold steamed mange touts on Friday night - although some people might applaud me for my minimalism.

I have solved the crab/prawn expense problem - by buying smoked salmon - everyone likes smoked salmon (apart from veggies, vegans, fish haters etc. but they will have other things to enjoy).

The canape career is going to involve me developing new skills if I want to provide a greater variety - such as being able to peel quails eggs quickly and neatly - and much, much better piping skills.

Must remember to take a photo of some of Friday's food for the blog....and to collect my business cards from the printers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment