Saturday 16 July 2011

Canapes

Got to start thinking about canapes for next week.   Don't want it all to be solid stodge, I need to make about 500 pieces (that's a lot!) and they must not be too expensive (since I only have a very small budget). 

Yesterday I ate dressed crab on slices of cucumber or in bits of lettuce - that made a jolly good canape... but crab is rather expensive, still 2 crabs would probably stretch to about 60 canapes - if I mixed it with a little whipped cream and pepper - so that would be nice.

I will do the famous Turkish fish fingers, because they are so nice.   And the spinach and cheese things, and the tuna muffins.

That makes 4 different types - perhaps I could do another pastry thing - e.g. tiny sausage and chutney puffs, and then another kind of muffin - I was thinking of experimenting with mushroom and blue cheese.  I once made some courgette mousses - not very stable - but perhaps something more rugged might work.   And maybe I could do a few meat balls - or some spicey chicken.

So:
Fish sticks,
Crab and cucumber, or if crab too expensive cucumber with cream cheese and chives
Mini chicken satay with chili sauce
Sausage & chutney "ravioli"
Tuna muffins
Spinach & fetta pasties
? Mushroom & blue cheese muffins
?Foccacia squares with lemon tapenade
?Foccacia squares with caponata (finely chopped).

That sounds a good combination - the last 2 could be vegan.  Whether I can do these within my budget is another question. Still, this is meant to be a marketing exercise.  Better get my cards and leaflets sorted out.

No comments:

Post a Comment