Sunday 10 July 2011

The Offer

Unfortunately I don't often photograph my food - and besides, food photography is a dark art: everyone knows how they used to use dog food to stand in for stews, because it looks more glossy and delicious, and mashed potato was used for - what?  To represent whipped cream?


What I can offer is this:

"Out door catering" - snacks for a drinks party, a launch, etc.  I can also do large buffets - up to 100 I guess, depending on what people want.  I could easily do cold food for larger numbers.   I can do a range of cakes and tea things, I can cook and deliver food for dinner parties, or I can stay and serve the dinner party for you.

Or I could drop by with some really nice food for you to heat up later - perhaps if you want to give a partner a treat.

I can help with weddings, funerals, christenings - any family celebration - I could provide a few extra dishes to save you doing all the work. 

Some of my best friends are vegetarians - so I have a repertoire of delicious veggie dishes - and I can make gluten free cakes, and other delicacies for special diets.

How much will that cost?  I don't have a lot of set prices - we can talk about a menu - and what you want to spend - and we'll find a sensible price.   My priorities are things which taste delicious - I don't use much in the way of processed foods - I make my own pastry, bread, chutneys etc.

What can I do to entrance you?  I can probably upload a picture of my kitchen - or the famous picture of my serving a large birthday trifle to friends (my husband couldn't eat cake at the time!).

More entries soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment