Sunday 6 October 2013

Food diary last week

Monday:  M was away so Finn and I had pea risotto - which is always lovely, and there was loads left - I contemplated turning it into arancini, but failed to.  Apple pudding (2 points)

Tuesday: had a lovely lunch with friends, the pepper and tomato soup, the "perm any 3" salad - i.e. leaves and some sort of dressing with the addition of any of the following: blue cheese, goat cheese, bacon, avocado, fried bread, nuts, seeds, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, etc.   On this occasion it was goat cheese, bacon, croutons, spring onions, cherry tomatoes and cucumber.  Then we had cheese and windfalls.

Despite having drink taken I managed to make Troo cabbage, which is a great frugal meal - a cabbage filled with sausage, butter, salt and pepper.  Unfortunately I didn't manage to pay proper attention, and it was a bit burned - oh dear.

Wednesday:  M had to go out early, so F and I finished the risotto (1 point).  M had an omelette.

Thursday: Rabbit stew, made with a wild rabbit I bought at the local farmers market for £3.60 - I used a Hairy Bikers recipe which was meant to be fairly traditional, but wasn't enormously tasty - don't know why not, it had cider, thyme, bay leaves, good chicken stock, salt and pepper... so why not?  I feel it needed something - mustard?  Also, too much flour I think (carrots and peas too).  Finn didn't want to eat rabbit - had a little said he didn't like it.  Ate the veg and some pommes etuvees which accompanied it.

Friday:  Bought fish and chips.

Saturday:  Home made pizza - mine with roast veg, everyone else had a mix of ham and chorizo and roast pepper and olives.  I also made garlic bread.

Sunday:  Pork ribs in BBQ sauce, plus rice and peas, plus pineapple salsa and a cabbage and carrot salad with vaguely oriental flavourings.  (1 point for using up a very senior pineapple)

We have had no puddings, but I did make flapjacks on Friday - which have lasted over the weekend - and I did use some apples and used up some alcoholic jam by slicing them, covering with the jam and topping with crunched up amaretti.   Finn said "not more apples" but really liked them.   

No comments:

Post a Comment