Friday 13 April 2012

Good Places to eat No 1.

I have little to report on the catering front, but I have made one or two discoveries about places to eat out.  Firstly is the Three Mariners at Oare near Faversham.  It's a really nice pub with a fantastic a la carte menu, but two good value 3-course lunch time menus.  I've had the "walkers' menu" twice now - quite similar both times, but still good: yesterday, croque madame, whiting aioli and veg, cheese for £11.50 - increasing to £11.95 shortly.  My only reservation, maybe not enough variety in the menu, and exactly the same puddings...  maybe just coincidence.  I was tempted by the slightly more interesting £16.50 Business menu - it had duck, gravadlax and more interesting puds.    To my shock although it was a wet Thursday lunch time they were "full" - but kindly agreed to let me and Lorna eat there any way.   Book next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment