Tuesday 24 April 2012

Sourdough 2

I have kept the sourdough going for 12 days now - very good... the latest loaf was huge and delicious, but infuriatingly I forgot to put salt in it (I usually add it with the last helping of flour).  The kids prefer sourdough to the other kind (probably because I tend to make white sourdough).


I have also go an ongoing sourdough cake mix, the dreaded "Herman" - I have made several cakes of different kinds, including a rather successful simnel cake.  The important thing is that one adds lots of moist ingredients.  For my next one I am planning to make a pineapple and coconut cake - with a drop of rum perhaps.  The walnut and apple one is lovely; the banana one is ok, but doesn't remain moist for long (add sour cream/yoghurt to the mix perhaps?) and the choc chip and toasted hazelnut was intolerably dry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment