Friday 30 March 2012

Eating Out

I have done an abnormal amount of eating out in the last two months, which will surely stop in a minute.  There was some birthday eating out (Jojo's in Whitstable, Eddie Gilbert's in Ramsgate, Elizavet's in Sandwich), then some emergency eating out (Esma's in Broadstairs, Milo's in Margate) and some celebratory eating out (the 3 Mariners at Oare, Mauresque in Canterbury).   I feel I have run the full gamut of East Kent eating - of course none of the expensive places (no Sportsman, no Age & Sons, no Rocksalt) were included, but on the whole, the experiences have been good - and curiously I have eaten calamari at each of these places.   The best calamari was probably at either Jojo's or Elizavet's (although the overall experience at Elizavet's was less thrilling).

The most enjoyable were probably the 3 Mariners (new to us) and Jojo's -  but today was lovely, went to Mauresque with Anna T and shared a seafood starter platter - it was all I needed really.   Had such a raging conversation!  I'm sure it would have been deeply satisfying to any eavesdroppers... ranging over sex, love, illness, old age and depression.... actually, I have a lot of conversations about illness, old age and depression, so getting sex and love into the mix was a vast improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment