Thursday 16 February 2012

Well?

Yes - I have been cooking over Christmas - so much cooking that I spent most of January wanting to take time off.  We have a Colombian student here now - and have had 2 Chinese students - so there was a week of making chinese oriented food - sadly one of them didn't like chicken - but they mostly had pork!

Now I am back into the good old wintry carb foods: pasta, chilli, pork and beans, red cooked beef/pork, stews, sausages, chicken pie, lots of nice veggies.   Last week I bought some sweet potatoes, so that I could make a really nice gratin I had at Claire & Kai's - this week I felt very strongly that due to my efforts to extricate myself from our sofa, it might be time to do an Atkins diet for a bit - with a view to a long-term low-carb lifestyle....The cold winter is over - I hope, so no more dumplings: steak and kidney pudding eventually will appear...

At the moment I really am not in the mood to cook, because I am writing.... I would show you lovely photos of food - were it not for the fact that my camera is broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment