Saturday 3 September 2011

Not cooking

I am just not in the mood.  I am uninspired, and I couldn't care less about food.  Last night I went out to the Belgian Bar (belgiancafe.com) in Ramsgate and had some nice fish - Mark had moules frites, and the chips last night were the best chips I have had for a long time... what do they fry them in?  Could it have been arachide?  They had a really different flavour and fantastic texture - more like thrice-cooked chips. 

So much for dieting.   We went out because it seemed like the last chance to sit out on a summer night and eat a meal (I'm not sure if we've done that at all this summer, apart from in our garden).

I am hoping to return to form shortly, as I am planning to have dinner parties again - private ones, as opposed to Food Odyssey ones - although I would gladly have a Food Odyssey party, if there was a demand.   Perhaps in October...

No comments:

Post a Comment